‘’IT’S A SERIOUS MATTER’’.

It was at the airport, I was about to pass through the passage to the waiting hall when I saw a bookstand with many books on display. Of all the volumes only on little pamphlet caught my attention. Boldly written in red was the caption, ‘’IT’S A SERIOUS MATTER’’.

I paid for a copy and thereafter boarded the aircraft while asking myself what this serious matter could be, I curiously began to read, and this was the content:
There was this very prosperous city on an island. Everything went on fire for its inhabitants. Their political climate was most suitable and their economic policies were excellent. But one day, they woke up to discover that the sea around them was overflowing its bank at an alarming rate. Immediately, the government summoned all the inhabitants of the city to the harbour for evacuation.

All the people who went to the harbour were conducted into a waiting ship and were safe. But many others refused to leave the island. Some could not imagine leaving their beautiful houses, exotic and expensive cars, and choice possessions they had acquired over time. Others simply feigned ignorance of what was happening around them. Yet others claimed they were islanders and export swimmers and so, would swim across if the worst happened.



As I read the story because stubbornness and folly of men, the number of corpses found littered all over the island was alarming. Before now, these were the same people who mockingly waved at the department ship an d passengers.

And the truth is that everyone refused or neglected to go to the harbor and board the waiting ship was drowned by the raging sea. A certain woman was crying bitterly because her husband was one of those who claimed to be an expert swimmer and as a result could not afford to leave his home on the island with others until the worst happened.

I did not realize I was weeping inside the aircraft until the passenger who was beside me asked, what the matter was? And I answered, ’it’s a serious matter’’. I handed over the pamphlet to her and belong long she too was weeping.

Then the holy spirit began to speak to my heart that it is indeed a serious matter, that the same faith that befell the islanders who refused to board the ship will befell every man on earth who refused to heed to call to come to JESUS CHRIST.

He further said me –the ship is still being boarded and as many as would believe and accept JESUS are conveyed into the ship and soon the end will come.

I suddenly remembered my parents, brothers, and sister unconsciously turned round looking as if they were on board the aircraft. I began to thing, are they all saved? And I began to pray for them.

Beloved everything may appear calm; you may feel you have everything under control now. But know that someday the end will come and only life preserver is JESUS:
‘’Neither is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.’’4:12. you have no alternative ship to board in order to be saved from the calamity that will soon engulf the earth. You can decide to board this ship right now by praying this simply prayer:

LORD JESUS, I recognize the fact that I am a sinner and cannot help myself. I believe You came down from heaven and went to the cross of Calvary for my sake. I confess you as my lord and saviour. I ask you blot out my sins with your blood and write my name in the Book of life. Thanks you for saving my soul. Amen.

All scriptures are taken from the New King James Version
[NKJV] of the Holy Bible.
Free as the lord provides
For further spiritual help or request for tracts, please contact us
Africa Vision Tracts housing Society
Oadis plaza beside caleb collage, CMD Road. Ikosi GRA , Toll Gate, Ketu P.O Box 5904,shomolu,Lagos, Nigeria
Africa Vision Tract House Gambia
Christ church [Anglican] office complex P.O Box  2237, serrekunda, the Gambia
Africa Vision Tract House Society sierra Leone
Africa Vision Tract House Society, Liberia
Outland community paynesvile, Liberia.
Africa Vision Tract House Society
C/o Tanzania Fellowship of Evangelical students [TAFES]
P.O Box 11369. Dares salaam- Tel 255-22-21152079
E-mail: info tracthouse.org visit and download tracts at website: www.tracthouse.org

0 comments